I'm a Mormon.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Kettle Corn


So I love popcorn, but not just any old popcorn, kettle corn is my favorite. It is pretty easy to make at home too, if you follow these simple instructions.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • Salt to taste

Heat vegetable oil in a large pan with lid over medium heat. Then, toss in three kernels, and place the lid on the pot. Shake the pot and wait for the kernels to pop. Once popped, quickly add in the sugar, salt, and the remaining kernels. Replace the lid, and continue shaking the pot, until all the kernels have popped. Then, remove the pot from the stove, and shake to keep the kernels from burning. Let corn cool and the sugar will coat the corn for a nice crunch, so yummy. I made some tonight and my roommate and I ate it all. So i realize that this is not a recipe that needs a mixer, but it was so good, I had to share.


1 comment:

  1. I am hungry now and thanx for the sugar rush!!!!! Love ya!!! I want this now!!!!

    ReplyDelete