I'm a Mormon.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Pistachio Pesto with Italian Chicken and Tomatoes




Ok so I know that this blog is devoted to my mixer, but this was too good not to share. And while this recipe doesn't require a mixer, it does require a food processor. I have had this massive basil plant for weeks and the last time my friend Danielle was over she said, you should make pesto.


She was supposed to come for dinner tonight, so I decided to go for it. Of course I had never made pesto before so I did some online research. Most of the sites I read said that pesto was about using what you have on hand. I didn't have pine nuts or walnuts, but i did have pistachios. So I thought why not give it a try. I also didn't have fresh cheese to grate, but I did have some parmesan ramano shaker cheese.


I thought it was fantastic, too bad Danielle didn't make it for dinner I think she would have enjoyed it too. Here is the recipe




Ingredients:


2 cups basil


3 cloves of garlic


1/3 cup pistachio nuts


1/2 cup parmesan ramano shaker cheese


1/2 cup olive oil


salt and pepper to taste




Shell pistachios and pulse in the processor a few times to chop the nuts, add the basil and continue to pulse it. Next in goes the garlic, salt and pepper pulse it some more and then turn it to on, slowly add the olive oil. Once you have a smooth mixture add in the cheese. I mixed into the pesto some mini bowtie pasta and chicken that I cooked with some salt, pepper and italian seasoning. I stirred it all together and thought it needed some color so I added some fresh cherry tomatoes from my garden sliced in half. This was so good. I am excited for lunch tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment