I'm a Mormon.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Carrot Mashed Potatoes

I want to start with an apology, it has been a super long time since I have posted anything. There are a few reasons for his. One being that I got a little burnt out on blogging. The second reason being that I went Vegan and was having a hard time transitioning into my new diet/lifestyle. But I want to let you know that I am still going to be posting here as I find new things to make in my Kitchen Aid, just keep in mind that All recipes will be Vegan, meaning no animal products or bi-products. Of course there are alternatives and if you are interested in what I am eating you can check out my other blog. Enjoy!




So I wanted to make Mashed Potatoes to go with my Vegan Dumplings tonight for dinner, but I only grabbed a few potatoes last night at Native Sun, so I decided to add my favorite veggie, carrots. I did 2 carrots and 2 red potatoes. I diced them up and added them to a pot and covered them with water. I boiled them for about 20 minutes, while cooking the dumplings. I drained the cooked potatoes and carrots and added them to the mixer with a little of Earth Balance butter and Unsweetened Almond Milk. Using the paddle attachment I mixed it up until smooth. Add Salt and Pepper to taste. These were fantastic.







No comments:

Post a Comment