I'm a Mormon.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Chocolate Banana Bread

I will admit, I love some good banana bread, and who doesn't love chocolate? When I went to the grocery store this week and all the bananas for sale were at what I would call Banana Bread stage, I thought I would make a loaf. My sister came over for dinner and we decided to make it tonight, at some point we thought why not make chocolate banana bread. Here's how I did it, my sister found the recipe on tasty kitchen.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup All-purpose Flour
  • ¾ cups Whole Wheat Flour
  • 1-¼ teaspoon Baking Powder
  • ½ teaspoons Baking Soda
  • ½ teaspoons Salt
  • ⅓ cups Margarine Or Softened Butter
  • ⅔ cups Sugar
  • 2 whole Eggs
  • 2 Tablespoons Milk
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 1 cup Mashed Ripe Bananas
  • ½ cups Mini Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, mix together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.

In your mixer, beat together the butter and sugar, scraping the bowl often.

Then add the eggs, milk and vanilla until blended together. Add in the mashed bananas. Next, add in the flour mixture and mix well.

Next add in the chocolate chips. I didn't have chocolate chips on hand, but I did have Hershey Kisses, so I chopped them into smaller pieces and used them in leiu of the chocolate chips. urn batter into a lightly greased 9″x5″x3″ loaf pan.

I decided to make muffins they need about 20 minutes to bake.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack. For easy slicing, wrap and refrigerate overnight. Makes about 20 slices.

I also added some pecans. Yum. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment