I'm a Mormon.

Monday, July 5, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies

At first I decided that the first thing to make in my beautiful new mixer would be Mashed Potatoes, but my best friend happened to be in town and cookies sounded fantastic, so cookies it was. I mean who wants solid foods when they can have cookies. I used the recipe that came with the mixer and boy were they good. Here is the recipe you HAVE to try these...........

Ingredients:

1 c granulated sugar
1 c brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 sticks of butter (softened)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 c all-purpose flour
1 bag of chocolate chips (yes I use the whole bag, and I like milk or dark chocolate)
2 eggs

Place sugars, butter, eggs and vanilla in mixer. Attach flat beater and mix 30 seconds on speed 2. Stop and scrape bowl. Turn to speed 4 and mix 30 seconds, stop and scrape the bowl.Turn to stir speed and slowly add baking soda, salt and flour to sugar mixture and mix about 2 minutes. Turn to speed 2 and mix 30 seconds. Stop and scrape the bowl. Add chocolate chips, mix on stir speed about 15 seconds.


Drop rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.



Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes if you like gooey cookies, 12 minutes for cake like cookies. Cool on wire rack. ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Darn, I didn't get any recipes with my Kitchen Aid mixer...glad you posted this, I'm going to try it too !

    ReplyDelete