I'm a Mormon.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mashed Potatoes

Ok so I know you are thinking, YES! finally she made the potatoes. And the answer is yes I did. Here's the not so secret recipe:

Select your potatoes. You can use whatever kind of potato you want, I know a lot of people only eat red potatoes, but white and golds are good too and in this case I had white ones so I used them, get over it. One large potato per serving or 2 small ones. Wash and peel potatoes, of course you don't have to wash the potatoes before you peel them, but I think it is less messy if you do.


Re-wash the potatoes and dice them. Rinse diced potatoes, it helps remove some of the starch which helps prevent them from boiling over. Cover potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Cook until tender.



Drain potatoes and put the paddle attachment on the mixer. Mix until smooth, adding milk, salt, pepper and butter to taste. ENJOY!

1 comment: