I'm a Mormon.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sugar Cookies

Ok so i know it has been a while since I posted, I just finished throwing a fabulous baby shower for my Sister-in-Law, and let me tell you girls, It is not as easy as you would think. Especially if you make everything from scratch which we did. From the invites, to the food, even the favors. We spent weeks trying to get everything right. One of the things that I made for the shower were sugar cookies. I used a cookie press, and boy was I glad that I did, no rolling out and cutting cookies for me. I got this recipe from my sister, who got it from her Mother-in-Law. The cookies were great, but the recipe made 70 cookies so keep that in mind, you may want to cut it down. Here it is enjoy!

Ingredients:

1 cup shortening
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
grated rind of 1 lemon
4 cups sifted flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup milk

Cream sugar and shortening in blender. Add eggs one at a time. Continue adding the other ingredients, alternating with the milk. Put into cookie press and bake on parchment paper about 6 minutes. If desired pipe on icing. I let my nieces do it, they had a blast and the cookies looked great.


No comments:

Post a Comment