I'm a Mormon.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Nutty Cheeseball

I know that you are thinking, there is a recipe to make Amie? This recipe is so good you won't be able to stop eating it. So when that happens, remember I warned you. I made this for a party it was so good. It is the traditional recipe from Kitchen Aid, but I used sliced almonds instead of finely chopped pecans. Personal preference I think and it was beautiful. I know what you are thinking, this girl has lost it cheese beautiful. I say we have lost that sense of pride in a job well done, and this was good.


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup of shredded Swiss cheese
  • 1 8oz pkg of cream cheese
  • 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (this makes it really garlicky, so you might want to use less if you don't like a lot of garlic)
  • 1/4 cup sliced almonds
Place all ingredients, except almonds, in the mixer and attach flat beater. Turn to speed 4 and mix about a minute or until well blended. On wax paper shape mixture into a ball. I had enough to make 2 balls. Roll the ball(s) in the sliced almonds. Wrap in wax paper, refrigerate until serving time.

No comments:

Post a Comment